The Fitoont team wants to share a Military Diet for 3 days with you.
Military Diet Plan is a short term nutritional plan that aims to help you lose weight (more than 4 kilograms) and lower belly fat in a very short period of time. A recent study showed that weight loss ranks first in popularity among New Year’s projects. If you are a part of this statistic, you can try this diet to shed those extra kilos, by eating sausage and ice cream!
May You Be Interested In: Chemical Diet Plan For A Month With Secret Tips
Why is military diet for 3 days, so popular?
One of the most attractive rules of this diet is that it lasts only 3 days. It claims that you can lose more than 4 kilos in a very short period of time! You can achieve these results only if you follow the eating plan accurately.
Another attraction is the fact that this diet is very easy to follow, you don’t need to count calories or buy a long list of really expensive food supplements.
The diet requires ingredients that you can find at the grocery store closest to you. Supposedly, you get slimmer and have flat stomach quickly, because the military diet is meant to boost your metabolism. By decreasing your calorie intake in a very short period of time, you will get rid of lower belly fat. But it is not a typical starvation diet. It is low in calories, but it will provide you with the energy you need to have a productive day since it includes healthy fats, carbohydrates and proteins.
Does it really work?
Yes, you will lose lower belly fat, but from the start if no organization recommends it, it is something; It is a generalized diet and not all people have the same physical conditions to support it. It consists of less than 1,500 calories, so it can work well for some people and not so much for others, despite the fact that it includes the main food groups: proteins, fats and carbohydrates. You also have to know that losing more than one kilogram per week, according to the CDC is unhealthy, you will lose muscle mass at the same time, and if you go back to eating as you did, there will be a following-up or rebound effect.
You should take into account your state of health, your belly fat, and your deficiencies, as well as recommended not to exercise because the daily calorie intake is very low. If you are healthy, it might be an option to wear a dress for the weekend or go to the beach, but if you really want to reset your lifestyle and become a healthy person, you better go ask a nutritionist to tell you what is the best option for you.
You May Be Interested In: The Ultimate 30-Day Plank Challenge To Fire Belly Fat
Can you really lose 4 kilos in a 3 days?
Sure, this plan might help you lose weight, but maybe not 10 pounds even in a week, and it certainly won’t help you keep it off in the long run. According to our experts, water is likely to be the most weight loss and lower belly fat factor.
Kristen Kaiser, a registered dietitian at the Houston Methodist Hospital, says that while the Military Diet website claims that the specific foods you include in your diet can help you “burn belly fat,” that’s not the case.
“The Military Diet has a ‘fad diet’ written all over it that states that special food combinations can help you lose weight and allow unhealthy fake foods like sausage and a cup of ice cream,” he explains.
Most health professionals recommend losing just 500 to 1 kilogram per week, “and even this can be challenging for some people,” says Kaiser. Weight loss depends on such a wide range of factors, from genetics to belly fat weight, that it is impossible to say that a diet will help everyone lose a certain amount of weight in a certain period of time.
Dieters recommend combining the diet with intermittent fasting for best results. If you weren’t aware, intermittent fasting requires you to eat no more than 16 hours to an entire day. The Military Diet encourages eating for 8 hours while fasting for the remaining 16 hours each day to increase belly fat burning.
This diet like many others, including the celebrity diet, doesn’t really work, so don’t risk doing it. We recommend that you consult a weight loss specialist if this is what you are looking for.
Is the military diet for 3 days safe and healthy?
In the short term, restrictive diets probably won’t do much harm. But you will definitely be hungry, and you may experience dizziness, headaches and fatigue, especially if you exercise while on the diet.
According to our experts at Fitoont Telemedicine: the Military Diet has an advantage over other lower belly fat loss plans: Unlike other diets like Keto, which tend to eliminate entire food groups. The Military Diet includes a mix of protein, carbs, and fats, albeit in small quantities. But, he says, “the diet guidelines are simply too general to be considered healthy.” For example, breakfast on the first day simply shows “toast”, without specifying whether it is whole wheat or white. “It’s hard to tell if it’s good for you or not by looking at foods,” he says.
You May Be Interested In: Does A Cleansing Diet Help Burning Belly Fat?
- Breakfast: a cup of hot drink (coffee or tea), a slice of toast (whole-meal is best), 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, and half a grapefruit.
- Lunch: a cup of hot drink (coffee or tea), a slice of toast, half a cup of tuna.
- Dinner: About 85 grams of any meat (cooked in boiling water or steamed), a cup of green beans, half a banana, a small apple, and you can enjoy a cup of vanilla ice cream (I like this one. Diet!).
- Breakfast: a slice of toast (whole wheat is best), a hard-boiled egg, half a banana.
- Lunch: another hard-boiled egg, 5 crackers, a cup of cottage cheese.
- Dinner: 2 hot dogs (diet is getting more interesting!) Without the bread, half a cup of carrots, one cup of broccoli, half a banana that you can top with half a cup of vanilla ice cream (which you you definitely deserve!).
- Breakfast: 5 crackers with a slice of cheddar cheese and a small apple.
- Lunch: one slice of toast (whole wheat is best, again), one egg (light lunch).
- Dinner: a cup of tuna and your favorite part of dinner half a banana with a whole cup of vanilla ice cream.
Pros and cons of the military diet 3 days
Like all diets, there are factors for and factors against its implementation. It is an intense short-term diet that does not require much effort as it is only three days and the goal is short-term.
It is inexpensive and follows a stable structure and there are vegetarian and vegan alternatives. However, despite the fact that weight loss occurs quickly, by losing volume in such a short time, the amount of nutrients is also subtracted from the body because it is a fixed routine that does not alternate with all the nutrients, vitamins and minerals that the body needs. The body needs or is able to reach the daily calories that the body needs, which also affects the state of humor, leading to increased anger and irritation in it.
When losing weight and lower belly fat quickly, once you finish the diet, the weight recovers quickly. In addition, the Military Diet mostly eliminates the body of water due to the reduced glycogen stores in the body to limit carbohydrates and calories resulting in most of that weight being recovered from the water once the calories are increased again.
Dinner sounds appetizing (not all diets allow you to eat vanilla ice cream) but the smallest amount of food eaten during the day can be a problem for many. People who have tried it claim that they have lost weight, but carrying an afternoon with toast and an egg for example is very complicated and can make you feel sick.
Others compare this diet to intermittent fasting, especially for beginner, but even with fasting you eat more, because this diet is based on limiting the hours during which you eat all the calories you take in, without reducing anything.
This plan seems to have caught people’s attention now that the good weather is approaching. But we must remember that these types of diets work in the short term and it is not recommended to follow them for a long time, at least without consulting a specialist.
You May Be Interested In: Amazing Diet Plan With Calories Per Day To Lose Weight
Our recommendations for who followed military diet 3 days
- If you want better results, follow the diet for three days and then eat normal food for the next 4 days.
- Don’t overeat during those 4 days if you don’t want to regain your weight.
- Repeat the military diet for several weeks in a row until you reach your goal.
- It is recommended that you stick to this eating plan for an entire month.
- Get used to starting the day with a glass of water.
- Drink two glasses of water before each meal. When you drink water, it makes you feel full and reduces your appetite and helps you feel full longer.
- Don’t forget to drink water during the 4 days when you eat normally.
- Find your own diet buddy to control and motivate each other! If you do this, you will be more likely to be successful.
- Severe calorie restriction is not suitable for everyone.
- It is always a good idea to visit and consult a doctor before trying any new diet, whether the diet is right for you will depend on your health and your doctor’s recommendations.
Also Yuu Can Read: My Experience With Keto Diet To Burn Love Handles
What do you think about the military diet plan? Have you ever tried it? Comment with us in the comments section.